Old geological and geophysical data are often available in paper form only. Usually, they are valuable for exploration and field development purposes. At PC&G we extract such data with care and convert them to standard digital formats by means of scanning and vectorizing.
Input data – graphic formats (JPEG, BMP, TIFF, …), paper, film
Output data – standard data files (ASCII, LAS, …).
Well log digitization process:
- High resolution well log scanning
- Calibration of scanned well log
- Semi-automatic digitization of well log
- Quality control and manual corrections
- Export to standard LAS format
- wide variety of well logs can be digitized
- all or selected curves can be digitized
- all or selected log header information is read and stored in the LAS file
Digitization of well paths:
We offer also digitization and calibration of well path data, following procedure is applied:
- well paths scanning
- rewriting of well path data to tabular form
- reconstruction of all necessary parameters (MD, TVD, offset, coordinates, etc.)
- export to standard text format
See example Well path reconstruction here.